Powakaddy wheel clutches
For the following electric golf trolleys:
- Most Powakaddy electric golf trolleys (as long as your wheel has a quick release button on the outside of the wheel – some earlier models used a wheel which used an “R” pin on the inside of the wheel to attach the wheel to the axle, these clutches are not suitable for these earlier models)
- Hill Bill Electric golf trolleys (from 2014 onwards)
If your trolley is pulling hard to one side, then the chances are you need one or both clutches replaced.
- Prop the trolley up so the wheels are off the ground.
- Standing behind the trolley, push each wheel forward – both wheels should spin freely. If any of the wheels doesn’t spin freely then this means that the clutch in that side is probably faulty.
- Standing behind the trolley (still propped up), pull each wheel towards you – each wheel should turn slowly but not freely, ie there should be a fair amount of resistance. If any of the wheels spin freely backwards then this means that the clutch in that side is faulty.
Please note: These clutches are not suitable for Powakaddy trolleys with EBS (electronic braking system).
For fitting instructions Click Here